DigitalSkies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Gear

3 posters

Go down

Air Gear Empty Air Gear

Post by pangjasmine Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:16 am

This is one of my favourite anime - AIR GEAR
This anime is undoubtly thrilling, surprising.
I love the every bits of this anime..
Take a view and tell me what you think !

Air Gear AirGear-01-01-006-007_EDIT

SYNOPSIS
Air Gear(エア・ギア, Ea Gia?) is a shōnen manga and anime by the mangaka Oh! great.
Air Gear is about the lives of Minami Itsuki "Ikki" and his friends along with the latest in-universe trend, Air Trecks. The early parts of the story carry out the introduction of characters that eventually join Ikki, and as the story progresses, it focuses on their roles as Storm Riders and their quest to be on the top of the Trophaeum Tower. It won the 2006 Kodansha Manga Award in the shōnen category.Itsuki "Ikki" Minami, is a student and a delinquent. Also known as the "Unbeatable Babyface"(Hikatsuganzu), Ikki is the leader of the youth gang by the name of "East Side Gunz". Upon his return home after being humiliated by a street gang of Melbourne Storm, Ikki discovers a secret hidden from him by his benefactors, the Noyamano sisters. The sisters belong to a group of Storm Riders who go by the team name of Sleeping Forest. In the anime, learning the sisters' secret angers him and he steals a pair of Air Trecks, abbreviated as "AT". (In the manga, the sisters give a pair of ATs to him and invite him to skate with them.) Ikki eventually settles his grudge with the Skull Saders, but in the process he receives more than the simple satisfaction of revenge. Determined to experience the sensation of "flight" for as long as he can, Ikki is quickly noobed into the mysterious, irresistible world of Air treks.

Characters
Itsuki "Ikki" Minami Voiced by: Kenta Kamakari (Japanese), Chris Patton (English)

The main protagonist of the story, he was given Air Trecks (in the anime, he took them himself) and soon delved into the world of Storm Riders. Eventually he creates a team, Team Kogarasumaru. Originally trained to become the Sky King by Sora, he soon finds himself betrayed by Sora himself as Nike (Sora's twin brother) steals his Regalia. After a week, Ikki becomes the Storm King and follows the "Hurricane Road."

Kazuma "Kazu" Mikura Voiced by: Kenn (Japanese actor) (Japanese), Clint Bickham (English)
A long-time friend of Ikki, who's always by his side. He is a speed-type rider who has recently inherited the title of Flame King following the path of the flame road along with Spitfires Old AT's.

Onigiri Voiced by: Masami Kikuchi (Japanese), Greg Ayres (English)
Also a long-time friend of Ikki, he is a "perverted pig" as called by most. He has an unorthodox riding style, wearing his Air Trecks on his head and riding it upside-down. He has his own unique Road called the Smell Road, which uses an opponents senses against them.

Issa Mihotoke "Fats Buccha" Voiced by: Hitoshi Bifu (Japanese), Mark X. Laskowski (English)
Formerly of the Team Yaou (Night Kings), he was defeated by Ikki and his team was forced to disband. Eventually, he joins Ikki's team as one of the main power riders, making use of his extremely large build and strength.

Akito/Agito Wanijima Voiced by: Kokoro Kikuchi (Japanese), Blake Shepard (English)
The Fang King with a split-personality. Akito is the "light" side while Agito is the "dark" side. They used to work for the police team of "WIND" until inspired by Ikki to leave and join Kogarasumaru after being rescued.

My favourite characterS : Ikki, Ringo, Akito, Akira, Simca, Spitfire, Nue
My favourite teamS : Genesis(創世神)[A Class], The Noyamano Family/Sleeping Forest (眠りの森)[A Class], Behemoth (ベヒーモス)[D Class], Kogarasumaru (小烏丸)[B Class]
pangjasmine
pangjasmine
Moderators
Moderators

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://pangjasmine.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Air Gear Empty Re: Air Gear

Post by Azureskydreamer Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:36 am

Its a wonderful anime... However no new one season 2. The ending of season 1 left a huge cliff hanger. I'm continuing on the manga. Overall.. Its a stylish anime/manga and i like it.
Azureskydreamer
Azureskydreamer
Master Admin
Master Admin

Male
Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2007-12-02

http://www.azureskydreamer.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jcvstlys Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:02 am

I like this too!

jcvstlys
Moderators
Moderators

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by pangjasmine Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:00 am

I think there's a new season.
I saw it couple months before but the links were deleted due to the inappropriate use of violence against the anime policy..

So far, this is my "thumbs up" anime.. hehe
pangjasmine
pangjasmine
Moderators
Moderators

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://pangjasmine.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Azureskydreamer Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:22 pm