Photoshopping

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Photoshopping

Post by photostat on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:10 am

To all those who actually think messing around with Photoshop is a hobby...
You've been Photoshopping so long that you think 'hard' and 'soft' refers to brushes.
You know that 'Unsharp Mask' does not do what it says on the tin.

Whether you use Photoshop for editing photos or for graphics design, you belong here.

Please post any Photoshop tips and tricks here.

I'll start with mine...a simple one.

To make a photo look MUCH sunnier and a bit more cheerful, add in a Lens Flare - find this under Filters.

photostat
Moderators
Moderators

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Photoshopping

Post by pangjasmine on Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:21 pm

I'm using Photoshop CS3 Extended(Lite) now.
It's pretty useful to use.
Anyway, to ease the financial problems of certain people.. A company came out with a software call "GIMP 2.0" by downloading this, who'll definitely need to download GTK files. Anyway, it has the same feature exactly like Photoshop.

I like the Diamond effects conveyed by Photoshop CS3 Extended. It's basically the diamond you see on the front page of most hip-hoop artists album.
No one would ever thought of how it was made in Photoshop CS3 Extended.
In fact, I, myself was shocked to know that the way to make it was like that .......

Here I include you a video I found on youtube on the tips of making a bling out of diamond.

Moderators
Moderators

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-12-06

View user profile http://pangjasmine.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Eric on Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:01 pm

err... i have a useful website for those photoshop beginners... this website quite good for the new learners... go check it out!

www.pagecurve.com
Mr Eric
Growing Up !!!
Growing Up !!!

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azureskydreamer on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:27 pm

Azureskydreamer
Master Admin
Master Admin

Male
Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2007-12-02

View user profile http://www.azureskydreamer.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopReviL on Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:56 am

To all those who actually think messing around with Photoshop is a hobby...(nope, its not a hobby, its my job now)
You've been Photoshopping so long(long as in 4yrs??) that you think 'hard' and 'soft' refers to brushes.
You know that 'Unsharp Mask' does not do what it says on the tin.(I dun really use unsharp mask....but yea u got a point there...sort of)
Whether you use Photoshop for editing photos or for graphics design, you belong here.(editing photos...yup, graphics design....definitely yes! I'm in..but dun think there's much we can share here...)

I'll start with mine...a simple one, i hope...

Master the pen tool.

Ars longa, vita brevis est

Photoshop can make it happen...lols.

LoopReviL
Little Kid
Little Kid

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu~ on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:10 pm

loop evil plz do not double post
as wat the admin said....... double post only can be made after 24 hours
yuu~
Moderators
Moderators

Female
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopReviL on Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:06 pm

Well...i'm thinking of making a tripple post.....so tht the admins will have works to do, coz they're shaking legs now after stpm...mostly i guess.
Do u think WE...hm..hm..or at least I read the rules and regulations and stuffs like tht?lol......*KCUF* the regulations. Sigh..I'm getting myself into troubles now.. =p

To Yuu....its LoopRevil...NOT loop evil(coz if its loop evil, it wont make sense anymore...*i left a hint in my msg*)

LoopReviL
Little Kid
Little Kid

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azureskydreamer on Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:25 pm

Nelson behave.. haha
Azureskydreamer
Master Admin
Master Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jcvstlys on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:00 am

Shocked

jcvstlys
Moderators
Moderators

Male
Number of posts : 99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu~ on Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:20 pm

ok my fault for the wrong typing >.<
though is after stpm, andrew n some of us (exclude lai) r quite busy working or doing our own stuff~~~

anyway....everytime i see andrew n dennis use photoshop seems so complicated
or just because i never use this prog before
yuu~
Moderators
Moderators

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azureskydreamer on Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:03 am

if you play with it...it will become easy...
Azureskydreamer
Master Admin
Master Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by photostat on Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:30 am

I learned Photoshop through playing with it, and a little help from Photoshop For Dummies...

photostat
Moderators
Moderators

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu~ on Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:00 pm

oh~~~
i'll try it when i have time then~~
yuu~
Moderators
Moderators

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopReviL on Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:54 pm

When it comes to photoshop, think of it as a surface of a table(blank canvas),with papers(layers and background) tht will always stick on the table(not floating in the mid air..always to the table),and ur papers(layers) can move to the right-left, or up-down(thts y in photoshop, its a 2D environment, not 3D, so its very simple and not complex at all).In photoshop, it works by layers...well most of the time depends on wht kind of tasks.When u work with photoshop, u'll usually start with a blank paper(background),or maybe a transparent paper(depends on ur settings).*note, papers mean layers here* So, as u work with it, u'll begin to add more n more layers to it,or papers....So wht u'll have next is a stack of papers(layers).There are alot of things which u can do wif the layers, u can arrange them(imagine urself havng 3 colour papers with the exact same size each on ur table, red, green and blue.So, lets say u arrange them so tht u'll have the blue paper on top of the other 2 papers, (the green and the red)and the bottom-most layer, lets say red...Ok,now from the top view of ur table, i'm sure u know wht u'll see...u'll only see the blue paper.And lets say u take away the blue paper(in photoshop,u can do this by deleting the blue layer,or make it invisible,or u can change the layer's opacity and fill to 0%.....either ways will work..) Taking away the blue paper will leave u with the green paper on the top most and visible layer.....ok....enuf crap...lols!!! I do not wish to continue explaining this coz its wasting my time... Ok, i'll cut the crap short..look at ur layer window, the top most layer will cover other layers below,and each time u add a new layer (ctrl+shift+N) it'll always b on top of others,and its up to u to arrange them later. After u have a complete picture of how layering works in photoshop, its time to go the individual layer....I'm not a writer, so i do not wish to continue this crap...for more info just buy the DAMN PHOTOSHOP BOOK which is probably as thick as my ANATOMY ATLAS...or u can download the pdf....or if u hate reading...http://www.good-tutorials.com/ will b ur photoshop heaven...
Photoshop is not about how well u understand how the things work,as u work with it long enuf u'll find out tht it is more about the creativity of the individual person..how well one can put things together to make them look nice....its a never ending chemistry of art...but of course not without the the basic knowledge and skills....coz tht will be like asking leonardo DaVinci to pain The Last Supper or "Amon Lisa"(direct translation= Monalisa) using photoshop... Ok, last but not least...quote the peeps in this forum...PLAY AROUND WITH IT...use to play around wif photoshop for fun and kill time...but turned up as my everyday job.....for church thingy...yea i know ppl play music for their church...but i do designs...and all tht,to sharpen the skills b4 it gets rusty..

By: Lens On Lane or L.O.L or.......(tips...Lens On Lane is an anagram....Another very simple one...)

LoopReviL
Little Kid
Little Kid

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down